Compressor Nebulizer MSLCN22
Compressor Nebulizer MSLCN22 parameter
Appro×.90 to 110antt(230V/50Hz)
Less than 5.0um MMAD**
Maximum Air Flow
Maximum Air Pressure
Maximum 10 ml (option)
Temperature:10‡ to 40‡
Humidity:10% to 90% RH
Temperature:-25‡ to 70‡
Humidity:10% to 95% RH
Nebulizer kit,air tube,adult mask,
Child mask,2 spare filters,
When using electrical products, especially when children are present,basic
safety precautions should always be followed. Read all instructions before using,
information is highlighted by these terms:
DANGER - Urgent safety information for hazards that will cause serious injury or death.
WARNING - Important safety information for hazards that might cause serious injury.
CAUTION - Information for preventing damage to the product.
NOTE - Information to which you should pay special attention.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
To reduce the risk of electrocution:
1. Always unplug this product immediately after using.
2. Do not use while bathing
3. Do not place or store product where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
4. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
5. Do not reach for a product that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution,fire or injury to persons
1. A product should never be left unattended when plugged in.
2. Close supervision is necessary when this product is used by,on,or near children or invalids.
3. Use this product only for its intended use as described in this guide,Do not use attachments
Not recommended by the manufacturer.
4. Never operate this product if:
a. It has a damaged power cord of plug.
b. It is not working properly.
c. It has been dropped or damaged
d. It has been dropped into water.
Return the product to an authourized Sunrise service center for ecamination and repair.
5. Keep the power cord away from beated surfaes.
6. Never block the air openings of the product or place it on a soft surface,such as a bed or
couch,where the air openings may be blocked,keep the air openings free od lint,hair,and the like.
7. Never use while drowsy or asleep.
8. Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
9. Do not use outdoors,This product is for household use only.
10. Do not use in oxygen enriched environment.
11. Connect this product(for grounded models) to a properly-grounded outlet only.
See Grounding Imstructions.
NOTE– If repair or replacement of the cord or blug is necessary ,contact your qualified Sunrise
provider.This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other ).As a safety
feature,this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way.If the plug does not fit fully in the
outlet,reverse the plug.If it still does not fit,contact a qualified electriclan. Do not attempt to defeat
this safety feature.
Your doctor had prescribed a liquid medication to treat your respiratory condition.To best utilize this
liquid medication ,he has prescribed a MSLCN22 brand compressor/nebulizer.Your MSLCN22
compressor/nebulizer works to concert the medication to a hight-guality mist of fine particles that
penetrates deep into the lungs.
Be sure that you read and understand the information in this instruction guide. By following these
simple instructions and the advice of your physician,your compressor will become an effective
addition to your therapeutic reutine.
Statement of Intend Use
The MSLCN22 compressor/nebulizer is an AC powered air compressor that proveides a source of
compressed air for home health care use.The product is used in con junction with a jet
(pneumatic)nebulizer to convert liquid medication into an aerosol form with particles smaller than 5
microns diameter for inhalation into the patient’s respiratory tract for the treatment of respiratory
The target population for this device consists if both adult and pediatrice suffering form,but not
limited to asthma, cystic fibrosis,and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Further,additional
applications for aerosolized medication are constantly under investigation and this device may be
deemed suitable for such applications as prescribed.
The intended environment for use of the product is in the patlent’s
Home on the order of a physician.
HOW TO OPERATE YOUR COMPRESSOR
NOTE–Before initial operation,your nebulizer should be cleaned following cleaning instructions,
or as recommended by your physician or Sunrise provider.
1. Place compressor on a level, sturdy surface so that the controls can be easily reached when
2. Open door to storage compartment(Fig.1).
3. Make sure the power switch is in the “off”position(Fig.2).
Unwrap power cord and plug power cors into an appropriate wall outlet (refer to Specifications).
MSLCN22 compressor/nebulizer must be operated on the specified power source ti avoid risk
of electric shock and damage to the compressor
4. Wash hands.
5. Connect one end of the nebulizer tubing to compressor air-outlet connector(Fig3)
NOTE– During high-humidity weather conditions,condensation(water build up )can occur in the internal hose
of the compressor.
It is recommended that the compressor be turned on and allowed to run for two (2)minutes before the tubing is
attached to the air-outlet connector.
6. Assemble mouthpiece and t-piece baffle down in medication cup.Holding cup stationar,screw on nebulizer
cap.Add prescribed medication through the opening on cap using a medicine dropper or pre-measured does
7. Assemble mouthpiece and t-piece (if applicable) and insert into the top of the nebulizer cap(Fig.5).If using
an aerosol mask,insert the bottom part of the mask directiy into the top of the nebulizer cap.
8. Attach tubing to nebulizer air-inlet connector(Fig.6).
9. Press the power switch”on” to start the compressor.
10. Begin treatment by p;acing the mouthpiece between teeth.with mouth closed,inhale deeply and slowly
through mouth as aerosol begins to flow,then exhale slowly through the mouthpiece(Fig7).If treatment needs
to be interrupted,simply press power switch”off”.
NOTE- Some physicians recommend a “clearing breath”after every five to seven treatment breaths.Remove
mouthpiece from mouth and hold breath for at least five seconds (ten is better). then exhale slowly.
11. If an aerosol mask is used,place the mask over mouth and nose
(Fig.8).As aerosol begins to flow,Inhale deeply and slowly
Through mouth,then exhale slowly
12. When treatment is complete,turn unit off by pressing the power
Switch to the “off”(0)position.Unplug the unit from the power outlet.
All parts of the ebulizer,except tubing,should be cleaned accept to the following instructions.Your physician
and/or Sunrise may specify a certain cleaning procedure.If so,follow their recommendations.
To prevent possible risk of infection from contaminated medication,cleaning of the nebulizer is recommends
after each aerosol treatment.Disinfecting is recommended once a day.
Clean After Every Use:
1. With power switch in the “off”position,unplug power cord from wall outlet.and removing baffle.
2. Disconnect tubing fron the air-inlet connector and set aside.
3. Disassemble mouthpiece or mask from cap.Open nebulizer by turning cap counterclockwise
1. Using a clean container or bowl,soak items in tree parts hot water to one part white vinegar for
30minutea(Fig.9)Or use a medical bacterial-germicidal disinfectant available through your provider.For
reusable nebulizer only,clean daily in dishwasher using top shelf.
Be sure to follow Manufacture’s in structions carefully.
2. With clean hands,remove items from disinfectant solution,rinse under hot tap water,and air dry on clean
paper towel.Store in a zip-lock bag.
NOTE-Do not towel dry nebulizer parts;this could cause contamination.
CAUTION-The MSLCN22 Reusable Nebulizer is diahwasher safe,but do not place any disposable
nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher;doing so could cause darnage.
To prevent possible risk of infection from contaminated cleaning solutions,alwaysprepare fresh solution for
each cleaning cycle and discard solution after each use.
3. Keep the outer surface of the tubing dust-free by wiping regularly.Nebulizer tubing does not have to be
washed because only filtered air passes through it.
NOTE–The MSLCN22 disposable nebulizer will last 15 days and possibly longer,depending on usage.Proper cleaning
will also help extend the life of the nebulizer.Because it is disposable,we recommend that an extra nebulizer
be kept on hand at all times,Sunrise also manufactures the MSLCN22 Reusable Nebulizer that is dishwasher safe and may
be cleaned and reused for uo to one year.
1. With power switch in the “off” position ,unplug power cord from wall outlet.
2. Wipe outside of the compressor cabinet with a clean damp cloth every few days to keep dust-free.
Do not submetge in water;doing so will result in comptessor damage.
1. Filter should be changed every 6monthd or sooner if filter turns completely gray in color.
2. Remove filter cay by grasping it firmly and pulling out of the unit
3. Remove dirty filter with fingers and discard.
4. Replace with a new MSLCN22 filter.Additional filters should be purchased from your Sunrise provider.
5. Push filter cap with new filter into damage.
CAUTION –Reusing filter or substituting any other material such as cotton for a YS22 air-inlet filter will result in
All maintenance must be perfomed by a qualified Sunrise provider or authorized service center.
Electrlc shock hazard.Do not remove compressor cabinet.All disassembly and maintenance must be
done bya qualified provider.