Do you want your legs to be skinnier? If so, here are some helpful ways to lose fat and attain skinnier legs. Sadly, spot reducing doesn't work, so overall weight loss is what you need. Here are a few ways to help build muscle as you lose.
Easy Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
1. Walk daily. This is the simplest exercise for legs. Use a step counter. You should try to walk about 10,000 steps each day.
2. Go running. Running will use more energy and in turn help burn fat. Try to do this at least three times per week.
3. Use a stationary bike or go biking. Bike riding provide a shockingly high caloric burn of about 500-600 calories an hour, making it one of the best exercise for reducing body fat. Don't forget that your calves will get larger when you're biking on a high level, so take it slow and easy.
4. Do a simple floor exercise. Lay flat on your back with your legs on the floor. Put your arms out beside you on the floor. Bring your knee up to where the highest part of your profile is. Then, with your other leg, kick it as high as it will go. Return it to the floor. Do 60 of these kicks, then switch sides and do 60 more.
5. Try leg rolls. Lie on your right side and place your left arm on the floor in front of you for support and balance. With your left leg, raise it at hip level. Pretend your leg is in a barrel and with your toes, lead the rest of your leg to trace the inside of the barrel. Do 60 circles and then switch and do 60 more.
6. Try rebounding on a trampoline. Rebounding uses a lot of calories and you have fun at the same time. It also exercises your muscles leading to a more toned appearance.
7. Try Pilates. Pilates is an ideal exercise for building lean leg muscles. The stretching and core exercises burn fat in the most hated trouble areas and it is perfect for people who don't want to be on show while exercising. A mat, a DVD (or local class) and a bottle of water is all you need.
Exercises For The Gym
1. Go swimming! Go to a public pool when it's not too crowded. If you are a newbie to swimming laps, start out small. As you get better, do more laps. Try to do this 1-2 times a week. Swimming helps you gain muscle and burn fat.
2. Use a stability ball. While lying on a mat or bed, place the ball in front of you. Place your legs on top of the ball, lift your hips up, and slowly roll the ball in towards your hips. Do this until you can no longer go anymore and make sure your hips don't fall to the floor.
3. Use an elliptical trainer without an incline. Using an incline can build calf muscle. Keep the resistance low.
Eating A Healthy Diet
1. Eat more protein. Protein is filling and good for maintaining muscle tone. Make sure to include fish, chicken and turkey in your diet.
2. Add daily servings of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies provide you with dietary fiber, which can help reduce the amount of fat that your body stores.
3. Drink lots of water. You should be drinking 8-10 glasses per day. Water not only helps flush out accumulated toxins in your body, but also keeps your skin hydrated, smooth and glowing in summer.
4. Avoid high-fat and sugary foods. Foods like cookies, ice cream, cake, and chocolate are not only full of empty calories that don't provide you with energy, but will simply store themselves in your legs.
5. Avoid overly salty foods. These types of foods prevent your skin from remaining hydrated. Examples include peanuts and popcorn.