Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. Known as the pregnancy hormone, hCG is only found in pregnant women. Home pregnancy tests are available at most drug stores and online. Read on for a step-by-step guide to using home pregnancy tests.
Before Taking the Test
1. Purchase a home pregnancy test. There are many different brands of home pregnancy tests on the market, but it doesn't really matter which you choose.
2. Figure out when to take the test. Most experts advise that you should wait at least one day after your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, though waiting a week is considered best.
3. Read the instructions carefully. Although most home urine tests are pretty much the same, it is important to follow manufacturers' instructions.
4. Prepare yourself. Taking a home pregnancy can be a nerve-wracking experience, particularly when you're anxiously hoping for one result or the other.
Taking the Test
1. Ready, set, go! Sit on the toilet and urinate either on the testing stick or into the small plastic cup provided, depending on the type of test. You should try to use a midstream sample, which means you should pee a little first before you collect any urine in the cup or insert the stick.
2. Use the dropper to place a small amount of urine onto the test stick.
3. Wait the stated amount of time. Place the testing stick on a clean, level surface with the result window facing up.
4. Check the results. Once the amount of time stated in the instructions has passed, check the test stick for results.
If you have any questions, please contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product details, please click:http://www.medicalequipment-msl.com/