1. Option of breathing mode:
When using the ventilator, please select the breathing mode for the patient first. The three most commonly modes
for modern ventilator are:
(1) A/C (Auxiliary /Control ventilate): When patient breath spontaneously, the machine will be activate with breathing,
once spontaneous breath does not occur, within a certain time, mechanical ventilation will convert to controlled ventilation
from auxiliary ventilation automatically. It belongs to intermittent positive pressure ventilation.
(2) SIMV (synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation): in a certain intermittent time, the ventilator receive spontaneous
breathing and cause negative signal in the airway,send airflow synchronously, the intermittent auxiliary ventilation proceed.
(3) SPONT (spontaneous breathing): The work of ventilator is controlled y the patient’s spontaneous breathing. In all these
three basic models,all kinds of ventilator also have been designed respiratory function for a variety of diseases for your option.
(a) PEEP (positive end expiratory pressure): based on mechanical ventilation,put a resistance to the airway at the end of expiration,
so that the pressure in the airway is maintained at a certain level.
(b) CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure): in the context of spontaneous breathing,impose a certain degree of positive
airway pressure artificially throughout the respiratory cycle, can prevent airway collapse.
(c) PSV (pressure support ventilation): under conditions of spontaneous breathing, each inhale accept a certain level of
(d) MMV (Mandantory Minute Ventilation): if SPONT ventilation per minute is less than a defined amount, the insufficient
part will supply by the cheap ventilator; if the ventilation volume of SPONT per minute is more than the limited quantity,
the ventilator will stop the gas supply automatically.
(e) BIPAP (bi level positive airway pressure): The patient spontaneous breathing in positive pressure levels of different height,
can be regarded as PSV+CPAP+PEEP.
(f) APRV (airway pressure release ventilation): in the state of CPAP, open the valve of low pressure to deflate,
reduce the airway pressure,and the ventilation formed.
2. Select the ventilation mode
After selecting the breathing mode,you should choose or you need to know the ventilation mode:
(1) Volume control ventilation(VCV): set a tidal volume,adjusted by flow rate × inspiration time.
(1) Pressure controlled ventilation(PCV): set a pressure,which is determined by the inspiratory plateau pressure.
3.Trigger mode selection:
(1) Pressure trigger: When the pressure inside the pipe reaches a certain limit, the breathing will be switched.
(2) Flow trigger: When the flow rate inside the pipeline reaches a certain limit, the breathing will switched.
Due to its high sensitivity,short delay time, it has been widely used.
(3) Time switch: controlled by time, once the set time is up, the breathing will be switched.
4.Alarm parameters option
All the parameters setting of the ventilator is interrelated, so we need to know the basic meaning and normal scope
of the various setting, in order to set the alarm parameters accurately. Physiological indicators for adult to use ventilator:
tidal volume 5~7ml/kg; respiratory rate 12~20 beats/min; airway pressure 30~35cmH20; minute ventilation 6~10ml/min.
In the use of ventilator,the alarm limit settings are also very important. If the alarm setting is too close to the patient’s
actual value, it will cause the ventilator alarm usualness; if the alarm setting range is too large, it will lose the
significance of alarm. Due to the different models, the alarm setting are also different, but in general should have:
(1) Pipeline pressure upper-lower limit alarm
(2) tidal volume upper-lower limit alarm
(3) apnea interval alarm
(4) minute ventilation upper-lower limit alarm
(5) respiratory frequency upper-lower limit alarm
Guangzhou Medsinglong Medical Devices Co.,Ltd has perfect after-sales service in ventilator and accessories,
with warranty and technical support,so as to make customers peace of mind,save time and money.If you have any
questions,please contact with our professional technical engineer.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org