Are you doing enough to shield yourself from dangerous UVA rays? Many don't realize the entire earth's surface is bathed in UVA radiation every day of the year. Unfortunately, UVA rays are a major cause of skin cancer and premature aging. Here's how to protect yourself.
1. Wear sun-protective clothing year-round, including a hat and sun gloves.
2. Protect yourself while in the car (sunscreen, long sleeves and sun gloves).
3. Apply sunscreen to protect exposed skin from the sun every day, regardless of the season.
4. Use UV-protective measures while sitting near a window in an office or at home; UVA rays penetrate glass. Wear sunscreen and/or sun-protective clothing if you sit near a window.
5. Protect yourself from the sun even on cloudy days.
6. Use sunscreen containing broad-spectrum ingredients- titanium dioxide, zinc oxide or avobenzone.
7. Reapply sunscreen every two hours when outdoors or near a window.